Today I made dinner, Mint Lamb Burgers with lemon sour cream dip and pea shot and baby leave salad. Really tasty.
None of my amounts are fixed so feel free to add or leave out anything
Serves 5 with 2 left overs that can be frozen.
You will need:
800g minced lamb
A few mint leaves
1 1/2 lemons, squeezed
Salt and pepper
Dried chilli flakes
1 teaspoon mint sauce
1 very small onion or shallot (optional), chopped
Flour, for dusting
5 burger buns
1 bag mixed pea shoot and baby leaves salad, or make your own with pea shoots and baby leaves
200ml Sour cream
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Put the Lamb, Mint, Mint Sauce, Onion, the juice of half a lemon, Salt, Pepper and a pinch of chilli flakes into a large bowl and squidge it with your fingers until the mixture stays together.
2. Dust a chopping board or work surface with flour and empty the contents of the bowl, roll into a log shape, and slice evenly into 6 or 7 rounds.
3. Dust each one with flour and arrange on a baking tray. Bake for about 25 minutes or until the burgers are slightly browned on top.
4. To make the lemon sour cream, squeeze half a lemon into a bowl and add the sour cream. Season to taste.
5. Wash the salad and toss it in lemon juice and chilli flakes.
I made up this recipe although it is based on other ideas.